Have you ever told family or friends that you are swingers? Most likely you have not in fear of possible backlash. It’s not to be discussed because people can have moral issues and might judge you for it. Most people have no idea about what swinging really is, and there are so many misconceptions about swingers. We give you a top 5.
Swingers are cheaters
All people who have sex with someone else than their spouse are cheaters. And they are not picky about the people they have sex with. And if both partners have sex with other people they have a lousy relationship. Also swingers have meaningless sex anytime and anywhere and are acting behind each other’s back.
More about cheating
Swingers are into kinky sex
Bondage, sleazy places and dungeons, sadism. All swingers wear leather clothing and are obsessed with kinky sex.
Read about kinky sex in the swingers dictionary
All swingers practice unsafe sex
They never use condoms and are careless in their sex affairs.
How about the use of condoms
Swingers are weird and unhappy people
They absolutely have no family life, kids or regular job. And if they work they are certainly no advocate or doctor or have a high education. They have no loving relationship with their partner and seek their fun in sex with others.
How about the relationship of swingers
Swingers want to convert everyone
You have to be careful to become friends with swingers because they will try to convert you into their lifestyle. Always! And when you invite them to your birthday party they show up in kinky clothes and try to talk your friends and family into swinging as well.
Maybe your neighbors are already swingers
And now just a few true facts, according to some studies:
- Swingers are not wild and sex crazed.
- The average age for women to start swinging is 34 years.
- The average age for men to start swinging is 35 years.
- The majority of the swingers have about 14 years of education.
- More than 72 percent have religious affiliations. Compared to 61 percent of the general population.
PPcorn.com share some revelations from several studies, amongst them a 2000 study conducted by Dr. Curtis Bergstrand and Jennifer Blevins Williams. All figures still hold in 2016.
- Most swingers, 89.4 per cent of swingers are either married or in a committed relationship that lasts fors for an average of 10.5 years.
- More and more people discover swinging.
- 78.5 per cent of swinging couplesare happier and more satisfied with their intimate life. For ‘Vanilla’ couples it’s 64 per cent.
- Swinging increase happiness: 90,4 per cent admits that swinging adds a new and happy flavor to the lives of unhappy or bored couples. That does not imply that the relationship was bad! Most of them have a caring relationship but just miss the juice in their sex life.
- The American divorce rate is about 52 per cent. 98 per cent of those couples are non-swingers and monogamous people.